Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Aspect of the Hawk has landed

So today is the day when the whole world changes for the Hunter class.  New specs, new stables, new stats, new mechanics.  Its like the first day of school without the "forgot my homework in my underwear" nightmares.

So what will I do when I get home?  Probably play Starcraft II till the servers are stable.  When I can log in what will I do first?  That's right I will make sure my addons are up to date and functional.  If Bartender is not up and running I will go back to Starcraft until it is.  Yeah that's right I'm a big loser and can't play without my addons.

Okay so when my UI makes me happy I will aspect of the pack it to a hunter trainer.




Hm should probably avoid training in Stormwind or Ironforge.

Once at the trainer I will train all the new and shiny things.  New stable!  I'm actually highly geeked up about the new stable.  I like pets and I always wished I could have more and now I can.

Next comes talents & glyphs.  I think I'm mostly settled on what I will start with and then tweak it from there.

Cheres 4.0.1

I decided to take the new Silencing Shot for raid utility and I picked up Marked for Death because anything that will keep me from blowing a global cool down in a long boss fight is a good thing.  My glyphs are mostly self explanatory, I'm still on the fence between the Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot glyphs and am going to punish myself accordingly for not testing it out more on the PTR when I had the chance.

I think this is a good time to take a moment to reflect on what we as hunters are losing.  Ammo and Ammo bags will no longer be part of Warcraft.




I've sort of, kind of, maybe figured out what to do with my gear in a general "I have a gear stat issue" sort of way.  I'm hoping to use the rest of my slacking off at work time to get a game plan for this.  If I'm a good girl and get all my homework done I can go out and play with the beasts to fill up my stable!

But Cheres what about focus?!?!   The whole world is different!!  When do we spam Steady Shot?!?!  I've heard many a comment that focus is a game breaker and "well I'll just go play my X instead".   "Hunters are broken I'm going to light up the world and Recount with my other characters!"


Please do go play your X instead.  You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.  Leave focus to those of us who have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment